- Courses are conducted every month, please contact the clinic for details on upcoming classes.
At the North Road Veterinary Centre, we think early socialisation is vital for all puppies between 2-4 months of age, to help them develop into confident, well-behaved sociable dogs.
Our puppy preschool classes are conducted by Tegan, a fully-qualified and experienced dog trainer and instructor.
Tegan has been part of the team at North Road since 2010. She holds a Certificate 3 in Dog Training and Behaviour from the National Dog Trainer's Federation, and has many years of training experience.
Tegan's expertise and experience will ensure you get the best possible start to training, socialising and handling your puppy.
Our puppy preschool program runs each month as a 4 week course, and classes are conducted on Sunday mornings at the clinic.
Class sizes vary from month to month, and range from a minimum of 4 to a maximum of 8 puppies.
The cost for this program is $165 (inc gst).
Bookings and enquiries can be made by phoning the clinic on (03) 9596 4804.
Puppy Preschool dates
- All puppies are required to be up to date with their vaccination program to participate (please bring your puppy's vaccination certificate to the first class), you will also need to bring a lead and collar as well as a bed/mat for placement training.
Our puppy classes are designed to
- encourage exposure to other dogs, people and new places and different experiences in a positive manner
- teach you how to manage common puppy behaviour and domestic issues effectively
- help you to develop good leadership and puppy handling skills
- introduce you to obedience training including lead handling skills, loose lead walking, the recall command and going to a place/spot/bed/mat
- we give you the tools to help train your dog to be the best he/she can be
- click here for more detailed information on course structure
What happens after puppy preschool
After puppy preschool, ongoing obedience training is important in helping your puppy develop into a well behaved dog. To assist with this, Tegan also offers one on one private training to help overcome any sticking points.