The ideal age to start your puppy in a preschool program is 2-4 months of age.
What to Expect
North Road Veterinary Centre
PUPPY PRESCHOOL CLASSES
with Tegan and Mya
Dear Puppy Owner,
Welcome to puppy classes at the North Road Veterinary Centre. Over the next 2 weeks, we are going to help you get the best possible start to training, socialising and handling your puppy.
We will cover the topics listed below with a big emphasis on early socialisation. Depending on the needs of the group, we will spend varying amounts of time on any area. If you have questions about a topic not listed here, please do not hesitate to ask. Generally, I will end each session with a Q & A time to assist with any specific issues not covered in the class.
- Diet and Nuitrition guidelines
- Training equipment
- Socialisation- where, how and why
- Confidence development
- Using toys and games as a training tool
- Puppy handling
- Understanding how to be a responsible pet owner
Common Puppy Behaviour Problems
- House/toilet training
- Independence training and establishing leadership
- Attention seeking and destructive behaviours: mouthing, biting, barking and jumping up
- Introduction to correct way to handle the lead
- Social or loose lead walking
- Manners on lead
Topics will be divided between the 2 sessions with lead handling, social walking and toliet training commencing in Week 1 (to allow you time to practise during the week) and socialisation and problem behaviours covered in more depth in Week 2. Week 2 will also be used to recap what was taught in Week 1 as well as engage in a puupy interaction activity.
Hope you enjoy the class.
Tegan and Mya
Happy Hounds Dog Training